The Lake House


Berapa banyak sih orang yang percaya ama long distance relationship? Biarpun gw bukan expert dalam masalah cinta-mencinta, tapi gw yakin banget, sedikit sekali orang yang percaya ama long distance.

At least, my friends didn’t make it. They all ended the relationship maybe even before they started building their dreams about love and faith.

Can’t blame them, though, or their stupidity, since I understand that concerning love matter, all cant never learn the lesson well. Dunno why, but probably because the speed of love is blinding, as Richard Marx sang in his song titled ‘Until I Find You’.

That’s why the movie The Lake House really attracts me. And I must tell you that I had a good time watching it. So, if you haven’t yet, you have to consider watching it, since you wont regret it. The cinematography, the script and dialogue, the view, the chemistry, every fade out.. they’re all just so so so amazing!

The packaging kept me informed that the story is about somekind of long distance relationship. But it’s not the distance that separated Sandra Bullock and Keanu, it’s 2-year-time (!). It made no sense for me, at first, but I was curious. How it was possible? So time separated them? How could they meet then? How could they solve it? Happy ending, eventually?

Well, in case you haven’t watched it, wont tell you much.

And I wonder. As always, whenever I finish a movie.

In this modern era, where can you find unselfish love? The same love that made Keanu crazy for Sandra. The love that made Sandra want to give her whole heart to Keanu, even though she just hadn’t met Keanu. Or, let me simplify; the love that makes you do things beyond logic.

Keanu waited for Sandra for years. And during his waiting, he could not even keep in touch with Sandra. There’s no way he could call her to hear her voice, to hug her, to kiss her, to meet her. But he managed to wait. I know, that’s only a movie…Aha, start feeling skeptic?

I read and heard before, that we wont find any unselfish love; all we can do is to love unselfishly, and we’ll get, hopefully, the same return : an unselfish love.
But how do we even know that our someone is for real? That he or she is not cheating us?

People said that when you love someone unconditionally, you wont care anymore about the return, either good or bad. How can it be? I just don’t get it. When somebody cheat you and your love, would you still taste the happiness? Or you will just resent it?

I believe in true love. True love exists, I know that for sure.
The question is, when you feel it and do something beyond logic, is it because an eternal feeling for real, or just some emotional and reckless act?

3 komentar:

Meita Win said...

same here, I had fun watching it :) and I always love Sandra Bullock. Its like their few times in movie together, since SPEED.

Talking about unconditional love, I almost, I said ALMOST write about it, but I want to get some facts from friends 1st before I write it down, seems I have a friend that is in this unconditional love relationship you mentioned.

And just like you, I do wonder with those ppl that can actually have unselfish love. I tried tho, but I guess I failed :)

Anonymous said...

Yup...this movie is sooo romantic. But I am a pesimistic, so I dont believe in true love, or eternity :p

Have you seen the korea version: Il Mare? I think its more romantic and reasonable than the hollywood version :D

Esdoubleu said...

You make me wanna see the korean version.. hehe, though I dont watch korean movies or series.. I just dont like watching movies with spoken language unknown to me.. ^^